Enjoy the beer that you deserve.
Beer ingredients are like a painter’s palate for the homebrewer. A brew’s evolution is limited only by the array of ingredients at a brewer’s disposal.
- Malts, extracts, and sugars provide strength, color, and flavor.
- Yeast ferments the beer and can contribute to its aroma, and flavor.
- Water influences the brewing chemistry.
- Flavorings include spruce, fruits, candi sugar, and smoked malt flavor.
- Finally, additives can enhance the brewing process, such as to improve clarity.
So, feel free to explore the types of ingredients available, and consider adding them to the next beer you try, or make yourself.